Who doesn’t love a fun fact? Trivia is a perfect activity for keeping the kids from getting bored on long car rides or for a babysitter or nanny looking for new ways to engage kids. Families can even try out trivia questions for their next family game night.
For little ones who tend to get frustrated when they don’t know the answers, don’t worry. You’ll be sure to find several straightforward questions on this list that young kids can ace, along with a mix of some more advanced trivia questions for older kids or teens.
Whether it’s just for fun or as part of a friendly competition, these trivia questions for kids will keep everyone entertained — and hopefully learning a little something in the process.
Disney trivia questions for kids
1. How many dwarves does Snow White live with?
Seven (Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy and Dopey).
2. Which “Encanto” character has the power of super strength?
3. What is the name of Kristoff’s reindeer in “Frozen”?
4. What is the name of the princess in “Sleeping Beauty”?
5. Which Disney princess’s movie came out first?
6. What is the name of Moana’s chicken friend?
7. What is the name of Andy’s neighbor in “Toy Story”?
8. What does “Hakuna Matata” mean?
9. Which princess has the longest hair?
10. What does Ariel give to Ursula in exchange for legs?
11. Who is Miguel’s idol in “Coco”?
Ernesto de la Cruz
12. In which city does “The Princess and the Frog” take place?
13. Which fictional city is Mater from in “Cars”?
14. What is the name of the princess in “Brave”?
15. What is the name of the crab that sings “Shiny” in “Moana”?
16. What is the name of the robot in “Big Hero 6”?
17. What is the name of the robot that WALL-E follows across the galaxy?
Food trivia questions for kids
18. Are tomatoes a fruit or a vegetable?
19. Orange is rich in which vitamin?
20. What is the main ingredient in guacamole?
21. What fruit do raisins come from?
22. Where was Hawaiian pizza invented?
23. What is the name of the Canadian meal that combines french fries and gravy?
24. What animal does calamari come from?
25. How much is a baker’s dozen?
26. Which ingredient is needed to make bread rise?
27. What is the only type of meat that pescatarians eat?
28. What is the most common pizza topping?
29. After water, what is the most popular drink in the world?
30. What city is known for its famous deep-dish pizza?
31. What country does pasta come from?
32. Which state produces the most oranges?
33. Which state produces the most corn?
34. Which state produces the most apples?
Geography and history trivia questions for kids
35. Who was the first woman Vice President in the United States?
36. Who invented the telephone?
Alexander Graham Bell.
37. Who was the first Bblack student to attend an all-white elementary school in the United States?
38. Who was the second president of the United States?
39. Which country gave the Statue of Liberty to the United States?
40. What city was the capital of the United States before Washington D.C.?
41. Which Native American reservation sits on land that spans over Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah?
42. What year did women gain the right to vote?
43. Who invented the lightbulb?
44. Who was the first man on the moon?
45. Which federal holiday commemorates the end of slavery in the United States?
46. What is the oldest university in the U.S.?
47. What is the longest river in Africa?
48. How many continents are there on Earth?
Seven (North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and Antarctica).
49. Who is the youngest person to win a Nobel Peace Prize?
50. Which desert is in North Africa?
51. What is the tallest mountain in the world?
Science trivia questions for kids
52. Which planet is closest to the sun in our solar system?
53. What type of animals are cold-blooded?
54. What is the largest organ in the human body?
55. What is it called when a caterpillar turns into a butterfly?
56. Which organ in the human body pumps blood?
57. Which animal can grow back its own tail?
58. How many bones do adult humans have?
59. What is the smallest unit of matter called?
60. What is the name of the process through which a liquid turns into a gas?
61. What is the chemical formula for water?
62. What is the largest planet in our solar system?
63. What is the name of the galaxy we live in?
The Milky Way.
64. Which planet has the hottest surface temperature in our solar system?
65. How long does it take the Earth to travel around the Sun?
365 days. (Or, more accurately, 365.25 days.)
66. What is the study of earthquakes called?
67. Which gas do we need to breathe?
68. How many teeth does an adult human have?
Sports trivia questions for kids
69. How many players play on a baseball field?
Nine (Pitcher, catcher, first base, second base, third base, shortstop, left fielder, right fielder and center fielder).
70. How many strokes are there in swimming?
Four (Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly).
71. Who is the only player on a soccer field that can touch the ball with their hands?
72. What sport do they play at Wimbledon in London?
73. How many bases are on a baseball field?
Four (First base, second base, third base and home plate).
74. How many innings are in a professional baseball game?
75. Which shape is on a soccer ball?
76. Which sport is played in the World Cup?
77. How long is a marathon?
78. During which inning do baseball fans sing “Take Me Out To The Ball Game”?
The seventh inning.
79. How many outs are required in a baseball inning?
80. What is the center of a target called in archery?
81. What color medal do you receive if you win second place at the Olympics?
82. What sport do the 49ers play in?
83. Which city do the Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox play in?
84. How many players from each team play on a basketball court?
85. What is the name of the championship game in football?
The Super Bowl.
Animal trivia questions for kids
86. What is the only mammal that lays eggs?
87. Which animal is known for the hump on its back?
88. Which is the tallest animal in the world?
89. Which pink animal stands on one leg?
90. Which animal produces honey?
91. Which sea animal has eight legs?
92. What is the most popular pet in the U.S.?
93. What do you call a group of fish?
94. What kind of animal can talk?
95. What do you call a baby kangaroo?
96. What does a panda eat?
97. What is the world’s largest animal?
98. What do you call an animal that sleeps during the day and is awake at night?
99. Which land animal runs the fastest?
100. Which ocean animal is most intelligent?
101. What color is a giraffe’s tongue?