Arlo Home Security System works well with smart assistants and other Arlo devices. The only downside is that no wall mounting hardware is included.
EASE OF USE
Peace of mind has never come easier thanks to Arlo.
Arlo would love to introduce to you their one-of-a-kind state-of-the-art home monitoring security system, and I say that for many reasons, and we will get into the details on that soon!
Being safe has never cared where you are in life, an intruder or disaster might strike whether you’re a family or a single businessman on a work trip or backpacking through the Alps, Arlo has found a way to help ensure you with as many options as possible to monitor your home when you are away no matter the circumstance.
Do you already have Arlo and are looking to expand your home protection or are you new to home defense and looking to start fresh? No matter the scenario, we are here to help you figure out if Arlo has what you are looking for in their Home Security System.
You will be prompted with a trial plan including the purchase of a new Arlo Home Security System. After the trial, you may add an Arlo plan with Professional Monitoring for $24.99 per month and keep One Tap Direct Dispatch, 24/7 Live Security Experts, Video Verification and escalation, Cellular and Battery Backup, and more, this means you will be given the chance to see what you may or may not need if you decide some of the features are just not necessary, Arlo has given you the chance to determine that for yourself, and do remember it’s not like your dreaded phone plan where you’re stuck for two years, you can cancel at any time.
In the base home security system by Arlo, you will find a white keypad with an 8-foot attached cable with a USB end (wall block included). On this keypad, you will visually notice that it has a backlit panel with 19 physical buttons. It features a number keypad, arming and disarming buttons, a Panic button that triggers the siren and contacts the monitoring service, Fire, Police, and medical buttons that connect you to local responders, an X button that cancels your last entry, and a checkmark button that submits PIN entries and overrides device warnings. You can use the number pad to enter PIN codes for arming and disarming the system, as well as a Duress PIN that sends a silent alarm to the monitoring service. The hub also has the capability for dual connectivity when paired with the cellular and battery backup. Allowing you to have the same protection either off the grid or in the event of a blackout, you and your belongings will still be monitored for up to 12 hours. Cellular & Battery Backup for Home Security System (arlo.com)
Arlo home Security system can be found on amazon or their main web page, it comes in two different size kits, 1 Hub 2 sensors for $199.99 All-in-One Home Security System | Arlo Security System or 1 Hub, 5 Sensors and a yard sign for 299.99 All-in-One Home Security System | Arlo Security System
After you have overlooked the keypad you will find the sensors, and that’s the real gem. They are a one of a kind 8-1 sensor that have been equipped to handle all your needs in one device.
- Motion detection delivers alerts when motion is detected inside your home.
- Open and closed detection lets you take action when a door or window is opened.
- Water leak detection to prevent damage from leaky pipes or water heaters.
- Tilt detection lets you know to check in when a window or garage is opened.
- Smoke alarm listening to get emergency help when a smoke alarm is triggered.
- Temperature detection to alert you before your pipes freeze in cold weather.
- Light detection to check in when there are ambient light changes in your home.
- CO alarm listening notifies you when a Carbon Monoxide alarm is set off.
On the bottom of the sensor, there’s a button that you will use to do several things such as the setup process, security bypasses, setting changes, and factory resets. An LED light on the front blinks blue during the pairing process, turns solid blue briefly when the device detects motion, and pulses amber if the sensor isn’t within range of the hub. If you want more sensors, you can always buy more for $29.99.All-in-One Sensor for Home Security System (arlo.com).
At almost 30 dollars a sensor, you may think it’s a high price to pay compared to the competitors, but unlike other manufacturers, you will find that you only need one sensor to complete all these tasks instead of having to purchase a specific sensor for each individual task, and another groundbreaking improvement is that you can have a sensor do more than one task at a time, and don’t forget You can use several different detection functions at once.
For example, the All-in-One Sensor can be configured to protect windows and doors by combining motion and open/close detection. Or place it under a sink and combine water leak and temperature detection. You can also enable Smoke/CO detection as well. You also have the option of adding to your home security with an outdoor alarm to help further detour intruders or even unwanted pets, you can find that on Arlos’s website as well. Arlo Wire-Free Outdoor Siren
Keypad sensor hub specifications.
- Size & weight: 4.16 x 4.16 x 1.01 in(105.66 x 105.66 x 25.82 mm)Weight 219g / 0.48 lb.
- Connectivity: Direct to 2.4GHz WiFiSecureLink TM to compatible devices.
- Operating Conditions: Indoor use only0° F to 113° F (0° C to 45° C)
- Power: Integrated 8ft. power cable with USB interface.
- Integrated Functions: Keypad hub, Built-in Siren, Motion sensing, Smoke alarm listening, CO alarm listing.
- Installation: Tabletop or any flat surface.
- Setup Requirements: 2.4GHz required and standard power outlet.
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty.
- Siren: 90 dB at 3ft.
- Motion Detection: Adjustable up to 13ft., when placed at a 3ft Height.
All in one sensor specifications.
- Size & Weight: 1.1 x 0.57 x 2.38 in(27.95 x 14.55 x 60.69 mm)Weight 24g / 0.05 lb.
- Power: 1 x CR2477 coin cell battery.
- Battery Life: 1 year.
- Operating Conditions: Indoor use only. 0° F to 113° F (0° C to 45° C)
- Connectivity: Secure Link.
- Mounting: Mounts to door, windows, walls corners or flat surfaces.
- Max distance between magnet and sensor: 12mm (about 0.47 in) between Sensor and Magnet.
- Motion: Adjustable up to 20ft. when mounted at 6ft. Height.
- Setup requirements: Arlo Keypad Sensor Hub.
- Intergrated functions: Motion, Open/close, Water leak, Freeze, Tilt, Ambient lighting, Smoke Alarm Listening (standard T3 pattern), CO Alarm Listening (standard T4 Pattern).
After yet another seamless setup featured by Arlo, I am very pleased that I have given this keypad a chance, the functions of the sensors are next to none and really set it out from competitors, a few things I wish they would have included were a wall mount option for the keypad and a lower monthly cost, but that being said I still find this system to be incredibly useful for many reasons and seamless with the rest of my Arlo cameras, and works perfectly with my Amazon Alexa for arming and disabling or announcing notifications. If one of the only downsides is that you can mount it to the wall, I’d say that’s a pretty good start to any home security system, thank you for your time and I hope this helps on your quest to improving or starting your home security.
For more information about Arlo visit arlo.com, Facebook, and Twitter.