Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been warned to be on alert after a criminal gang is targeting homes in their area.
The area around the couple’s home in Montecito, California, has had a number of break-ins recently.
Safes have been targeted by what the police suspect to be an organised gang.
According to the Daily Mirror, the latest raid took place on Wednesday, just a five minute drive away from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s £12million mansion.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been warned to be on their guard
The Montecito Association issued an alert throughout the neighbourhood, giving locals tips on home security, including a message from the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s office.
Sheriff Officer Rachel Zick said: “In the past week, deputies have taken several burglary reports with notable similarities in the resident layouts, times of occurrence and items taken.
“In these burglaries, criminals target unoccupied residences that back up to open spaces such as golf courses as well as creeks, streams or the ocean.
“Investigators have noted most of these crimes occur between 6pm and 10pm.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were in Jamaica during the time of the break-in at a home nearby
“The most recent burglaries occurred on Wednesday, January 24, 2024, in the 1500-block of Las Tunas in Montecito, and two in the 800- block of Sand Point Lane, Carpinteria.
“The suspect(s) in these cases are targeting safes.”
In July 2022, it was reported that the Sussexes’ mansion had been the subject of six security alerts in the space of 14 months.
Prior to that on Christmas Eve 2020, a man allegedly trespassed at the home and was arrested when he returned two days later on Boxing Day.
The pair were in Jamaica for the film premiere of Bob Marley: One Love during the time of the crime.
They have been slammed for their appearance in Jamaica, just days after both the King and Princess Kate announced health issues.
Editor Charlotte Griffiths claimed the glitzy appearances were “off key”.
Griffiths told GB News: “I think it’s a bit odd, isn’t it? Because he’s done not one but two public appearances. If I were him, I wouldn’t have done either of those things, and we haven’t seen that much of him lately.
“He’s made two appearances, one with Meghan, and actually I think it’s a bit off key, today of all days especially.”
GB News has approached the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for comment.