Manhattan, New York (PIX11) — The 77th Session of the United Nations General Assembly will see traffic jams from the week of September 19th through the week of September 23rd. MTA bus passengers should be prepared for additional travel time.
M15, M15-SBS, M34-SBS, M42, M50, SIM1C, SIM3C, SIM4C, SIM10, SIM8, SIM8X SIM25, SIM31, SIM23, and SIM24 all have the following service changes:
- Northbound stops along 1st Avenue from 39th Street to Mitchell Plaza will be closed from midnight on September 19th through September 23rd.
- Buses stop around the 38th and 50th Street Bypass stops on 1st Avenue.
- There will be no M34-SBS service between Waterside Plaza and 2nd Avenue at Est 28th Street from 5:00 am on September 19th to September 23rd.
- The last stop on the Eastbound is 2nd Avenue on E 30th Street.
- Westbound service board bus at E 34th Street at 1st Avenue
- Eastbound Overhead Stops: 2nd Avenue along E 28th Avenue to Avenue C along E 23rd Avenue, E 34th Avenue on 1st Avenue, Waterside on Waterside (Waterside on FDR Drive) Plaza)
- Missed Westbound Stops: Waterside on Waterside 1 and Waterside 2, Ferry Terminal on FDR Drive.
- Service between Second Avenue and FDR along the M42, E 42nd Street and E 41st Street will be suspended from 4:00 am on September 19th through September 23rd.
- The last eastbound stop is at E 42nd Street on 2nd Avenue just before the intersection.
- If traveling west, board the bus at the 3rd Avenue stop on E 42nd Street.
- Missed stops in both directions: E 42nd Street on 2nd and 1st Avenue, E 41st Street on 1st Avenue
- The M50 bus bypasses E 49th and E 50th Streets between Madison and Lexington Avenues.
- The 1st Avenue terminus on E 49th Street will be closed from midnight September 18th through September 26th.
- For westbound service, use the 3rd Avenue or Madison Avenue stops on E 49th Street.
- Use the 5th Avenue or Lexington Avenue stops on E 50th Street for eastbound service.
- The first and last stop is at E 50th Street on 2nd Avenue.
SIM1C, SIM3C, SIM4C, SIM10:
- Southbound SIM1C, SIM3, SIM3C, SIM4C, SIM10, and SIM33C stops at W 57th Avenue on 6th Avenue and 5th through 55th through 51st along 5th Avenue. Closed from September 13th to September 27th.
- For service to 57th Street, use the 6th Avenue stop at Central Park South.
- For Fifth Avenue services, the bus stops at Seventh Avenue between W 57th and W 50th Avenues.
SIM8, SIM8X SIM25:
- Southbound SIM8, SIM8X, and SIM25 stops are located at E 57th Street on Madison Avenue and from W 57th Street to W 42nd Street along Fifth Avenue and will be closed from September 13 to September 27. increase.
- For 57th Street services, board the bus at E 57th Street on Lexington Avenue.
- For Fifth Avenue services, the bus stops along Lexington Avenue between E 57th and E 42nd Streets.
- Southbound SIM31 stops at 5th Avenue at E 57th Street and W 51st Street at Madison Avenue and will be closed from September 13th to September 27th.
- For 57th Street services, use E 57th Street at the Lexington Avenue stop.
- For 5th Avenue service, the bus stops at Lexington Avenue on E 51st Street.
- Southbound SIM23 and SIM24 stops along Fifth Avenue from West 59th Street to West 51st Street will be closed from September 13th to September 27th.
- The first southbound stop is on 5th Avenue in Central Park South.
- The bus then stops along 7th Avenue between Central Park South and West 50th Avenue.
Service change start times are subject to change at the discretion of the NYPD.
Avoid the crowds by using nearby Lexington Avenues 4, 5, and 6. These lines run regularly on weekdays. Trains run at least every 2-3 minutes, and more frequently during rush hours when vehicular traffic is expected to peak.
suggest a fix